I had a very short-lived Sephora Play! subscription. The BS of Sephora Play! starts with their waitlist. They sent me an email and told me I had been personally selected and only gave me a few days to decide if I wanted to sign up before my spot would be given away. Does anyone like to be coerced into something? I don’t!
When you receive a box, they send booklets with information about the products included but I never found them helpful in terms of figuring out how to use them. To be quite honest – I did not like that these boxes were not really customized or the fact that they included the Nars Satin Lip Pencil that they gave out as a birthday gift that same year! Which is why I decided to sign up for Birchbox instead!
So here is what I received in my April box:
- Milk Makeup – Sunshine Oil – Full Size $38
- When I opened the little pouch this came it the product got everywhere. The product was so oily that it didn’t absorb into my skin. It left me feeling greasy and disgusting.
- Sunday Riley – Good Genes Treatment – Full Size $105
- Not sure what this was supposed to do but I didn’t like the way it felt on my skin. I’m in my early twenties and refused to start using anti-aging products.
- Clinique – Pep-Start Eye Cream -Full Size $26.50
- This product is supposed to hydrate under your eyes and make you look refreshed and awake. I’ve found the only way to get rid of puffiness under my eyes is to sleep!
- Nars – Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien – Full Size $26
- I didn’t like this the first time I got it and I was pissed that I got it a second time. It doesn’t have any staying power and goes on very messy. Luckily I have a family member who loves these – I’ve given her 3 from Sephora so far.
- Sephora Collection – Colorful Cheek Ink Gel in Peony – Trio $21
- No no no! My cheeks are ALWAYS red. The last thing I want is to slather a gel all over them and add more color. This is an example of the box not being customized to my beauty profile.
- Derek Lam 10 Crosby – 2am Kiss – $95-175
- I am not a fan of makeup samples in my beauty boxes and Sephora includes on with every box! This scent is way too strong and if you tried to kiss me wearing it at 2am you would probably get punched.