I’m really loving that BarkBox has a theme each month, for November 2016 the theme was Home for the Holidays.
I haven’t given this to the dogs yet. It’s huge so I am saving it for Christmas
This all natural lamb stick is made in the USA. It’s made with wheat, corn, and it’s soy-free. I’m saving this for Christmas as well.
These all-natural treats are made in the USA. They’re also grain-free, corn-free, and soy-free.
I don’t remember much about this toy but I think it had the same easy to shred rope as the eye ball pull from last month.
I was really impressed with how tough this toy was. You could barely squish it with your hand. This toy is designated for heavy chewers. After receiving our first BarkBox I reached out to a representative and asked them to mark my subscription as a “heavy chewer”. I believe you can do this yourself at sign-up now.
Below – you can see that Molly was not pleased that I got close to her Pumpkin Pie while she was trying to destroy it.
I thought these were adorable – they had cute saying written on them. I ended up giving them to a neighbor because we rarely walk our dogs.
These were adorable. They look like mini crescents. They’re made in the USA and they’re gluten free. These are pumpkin and cinnamon flavored.
**Please note – the pricing in my posts are for large dogs. BarkBox typically sells their toys in three different sizes: small, medium, and large. I opted for large after our first BarkBox because I think that they’re harder to destroy.
If you’re interested in trying out BarkBox please use our referral link!
This is my fourth Birchbox and I’m still loving it. While I didn’t receive any products that I particularly love in this box, I am really enjoying the subscription in general. Not to mention that Birchbox has great deals on their website like the Radiant Finish Kit and my soon to be posted review on The Meet Your Mascara kit.
- JUARA Candlenut Body Creme $38.00
- This smells amazing. I don’t know how to explain the scent. But I didn’t find it to be moisturizing enough that I would want to spend $38 on it.
- derma e® Microdermabrasion Scrub $32.50
- I have VERY sensitive skin but I wanted to give this a try. With my new job I’ve been under a lot of stress and have even had a few pimples pop up. For me, that means it is time to break out a ton of face cleaner and in an attempt to make them disappear. I decided to give this a try and it hurt my skin. It made it red hot and stingy. No I didn’t use any other products before or after this to cause the reaction.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk – Natural Tint – For Brunette to Dark Hair $20.00
- So I try to avoid dry shampoos at all costs. They just make a mess of my hair. I didn’t realize this was for dark hair and now I’m very interested in trying it. I will return to update my review on this.
- Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek $24.00
- I’m not sure what this is supposed to do to your lips. It goes on kind of like lip balm but it smells horrible. I am definitely not adventurous enough to rub this on my already rosy cheeks.
- Bioderma® Sébium H2O – 500 ml $16.90
- I haven’t tried this yet and will have to return to update my post.
Ready to join me on your own Birchbox journey? Sign up here!
Here are three game ideas that are a lot of fun!
White Elephant Gift Exchange
- Everyone brings one wrapped present. In my family adults bring gifts for other adults and children bring gifts for other children.
- Upon arriving everyone draws a number and this determines the order of the game. — In this game being last is actually a perk!
- Everyone sits in a circle or in the general area around where the presents are piled.
- Player number 1 picks a gift from the pile and opens it.
- Every player after the first has the option to pick a new unwrapped gift or steal from someone who has already opened one. When a players gift is stolen they have the opportunity to open an unwrapped gift or steal from someone else.
- After a gift has been stolen three times. It can no longer be stolen.
These rules can be altered in a number of ways. Try googling, “White Elephant Gift Exchange rules” if you would like to see more.
2 Truths and a Lie — Christmas Presents
Name three of the funniest gifts you have ever received. Two of them are true, one of them is a lie. It is up to everyone else to figure out which one is a lie.
Paper Plate Game
- Give everyone a paper plate and a pen. Tell them to place the plate on their head.
- The host will then give this series of directions.
- Draw a line for a floor
- Draw a Christmas Tree. Add decorations if you want.
- Draw a star on top of your tree.
- Draw a fireplace with a mantel next to the tree.
- Draw a stocking hanging from the mantel.
- Draw a present below the tree.
- The next step is to grade the drawings:
- 2 points if the tree touches the floor
- 2 points if your stocking is touching your mantel
- 1 point if your star touches your tree
- 1 point if your star is above your tree
- 1 point for every Christmas ornament that is ON your tree
- 1 point if your fireplace is not touching your tree
- 1 point if you drew something decorative on your stocking
- 2 points if your present is under the tree.
It’s officially Fall. My absolute favorite season of all time.
There is something about the cold air and crisp leaves on the ground that just makes everything better.
This is my first blog post and my site is barely functional. I’m posting this to get a feel for what a post looks like.
I’m hoping to use this blog to share all of the Pinterest recipes and crafts that I get myself into.