Oops I did it again.
I’m really starting to think that I have a problem. But once I saw that the only cost for this box is a $5.00 flat rate shipping fee I had to subscribe!
Walmart sends out seasonal beauty boxes. As each box comes out they send you a reminder email and charge you.
The shipping schedule for the Walmart Beauty Box is as follows:
- Summer – starting the second week of June
- Fall -starting the second week of September
- Winter – starting the second week of December
- Spring – starting the second week of March
Below is my initial comparison between the Walmart and Target Beauty Boxes.
- Won’t miss a box – On August 24th I signed up for the Summer 2016 box which started shipping the second week of June.
- No cost for box only flat shipping fee of $5.oo
- Not a subscription
- Easy to miss a box – They sell out fast and if you’re not waiting around by a computer at the end of the month.
- Cost varies monthly
I actually ended up cancelling my Walmart Beauty box subscription before my first box arrived because I was angry that it took forever to ship and I didn’t receive any updates.
I did end up receiving the box but I felt like I wasn’t comfortable paying for something that I couldn’t keep tabs on. Let’s say I got busy and forgot it was coming. I couldn’t even find a place to contact a customer service rep to ask about it.
HOWEVER, I was pretty impressed with how many things come inside (not so much the size though)
Without further ado – here are the contents of my box:
- Coconut Nail Art polish strips by Incoco – Full-size $4.97
- I haven’t had a chance to try these yet because I recieved a wacky pattern that won’t look great in a professional workplace!
- Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh 0.9oz – Full-size ?
- I currently use the Arm & Hammer Whitening and Enamel Strengthing toothpaste so I will be saving this one for when I go on vacation.
- Nivea Extended Moisture 0.14fl oz – Full-size $5.74
- I currently use this product and it smells great and feels nice. I will also be saving this foil sample for travel.
- Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs 0.75 fl oz – Full-size $10.57 for 4oz
- I received this from Influenster last summer and while I love the effects of the product. Unfortunately, it irritates my sensitive skin!
- Loreal Paris Revitalift Volume Filler Re-Volumizing Serum – 0.5 oz $19.97
- Loreal Paris Revitalift Volume Filler Re-Volumizing Cream – 2.0 fl oz $19.97
- These were both small foil samples which is not cool. I always give things like this to my mom because she’s tried all of them. Unfortunately when I ask her how she liked them for something like this the answer is usually “I don’t know”
- Degree MotionSense Deodorant Sexy Intrigue 1.6oz – Full-size $10.33
- There is only one kind of deodorant that I buy and that is Secret Clinical because it smells fantastic and works really well. There is no way I would spend $10 for a stick of Degree deodorant
- 0.135 fl oz – Simple Micellar Cleansing Water – Full-size 6.7oz $5.97
- I’m not a fan of products like these. They don’t absorb into your skin well and I just don’t understand their purpose.
- 1 – EcoTools Makeup Brush Cleansing Cloths – $6.98 for 25 cloths
- 1.7 fl oz each – Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Color & Radiance Shampoo & Conditioner – $6.97 each
At the end of the day, this beauty box had way too many foil samples. Is the value over $5? Absolutely. But is a box full of foil packets worth your time? No! They’re super annoying and if its a product that you haven’t tried before you won’t be getting enough to determine if you really like it!
I say skip the Walmart Beauty Box and look elsewhere.