A few weeks ago I received a mystery box from Birchbox for spending $35. I was super excited because I was going to get an entire Birchbox for free. While I love the design on the outside of the box (really it couldn’t be more perfect for my taste) I did not enjoy the stuff inside of it which was a real disappointment.
Thier mystery Birchboxes are actually old monthly boxes – this one is from November 2015. As usual, the thing I dislike most is the fragrance and this box reeks of it. I’m surprised that everything inside isn’t soaked in it based on the way that it smells.
Here’s what came in my box:
- Harvey Prince Sincerely – Full Size $26-55
- Since I’m not good at explaining what fragrances smell like…“The complex blend of Indian tuberose, Turkish cyclamen, and Spanish mandarin makes for a sweetly spicy scent” It smells like a perfume for older women.
- LOC – Vibrant Matte Lipstick in Glam Life – Full Size $8
- SO excited that I received this in my box. I’m sick right now so I haven’t tried it but I’ve heard such great things.
- Obliphica Professional – Seaberry Serum (Fine to Medium) hair – Full Size $38
- Temple Spa – La La Lagoon Aromatic Bath & Shower Gel – Full Size $18
- This item is no longer for sale on Birchboxes website and for a good reason. It smells like a grandma (for lack of a better word). I used it once and decided I wouldn’t be using it again.
- theBalm cosmetics in FratBoy – Full Size $21
- I don’t use blush because my cheeks are always red through my makeup. It’s a little bright on me but I still use it as an eyeshadow.