With labor day this weekend, it makes sense to share a frozen margarita recipe for one last hurrah before summer is officially over. This one is excellent in the dead heat of summer and really best for when it’s hot outside because it’s made with sherbert. Keeping that in mind, this recipe is super sweet and you can only have one or two of them before its time to switch to something else.
- 1 – 12 oz can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 1/2 cups of tequila
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 2 quarts tonic water, chilled
- 1 pint – of tangerine, lemon, or lime sherbet (I prefer to use lemon or lime. While the big container with three different flavors seems like a good idea – stay away from it because you will end up with brown margaritas – EW!)
- Stir the frozen limeade, tequila, and triple sec together and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Next, stir in the tonic water.
- Place one scoop of sherbet into each glass and pour the margarita mix on top. Stir together and serve.