In case it wasn’t clear in my first post…I did not enjoy my Sephora Play! subscription and after this box I cancelled it. Out of the boxes I received, I felt like the products were not customized to my hair or skin type.
I was also kind of overwhelmed by the booklet that came with it. The booklet didn’t provide any kind of clarity for me and if I wanted advice on how to apply any of my products I would rather go online to find out.
The process to cancel the box was annoying because they force you to call them instead of allowing you to cancel it online. Luckily, the woman I spoke to on the phone was wonderful and once connected it was pretty easy to cancel.
- Bite Beauty – Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Kimchi – Full Size $26
- This color was very bright which looks crazy with my pale skin. I like the formula of this lipstick but the sample size was difficult to apply.
- Briogeo – Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask – Full Size $26
- This product smells good and it is a weekly conditioning mask for hair. I found it to be a little too heavy for my thick hair but it made it feel soft.
- Tarte – Tartiest Lip Crayon in Latergram – Full Size $18
- Tarte is a brand that I was very excited to try. I think I got the worst product. The sample size was so thin and it didn’t glide at all. It literally looked like I was coloring with a crayon. Think of how spotty crayons are when you push too hard and that is exactly what this was like.
- Korres – Wild Rose Sleeping Facial – $48
- This is an overnight mask that is meant to brighten your skin. As a person with very sensitive skin, this made my face feel dry.
- After two weeks of use – it’s no miracle cream. I already have soft skin and a fairly even skin tone which a lot of people have said this product is good for. This product smells likes roses – seriously it’s so strong I’m wondering where the rose garden is hiding and why my hair products can’t have a smell that lingers for so long. When you first apply the product it starts off smooth and creamy but then as you’re still applying it your fingers start to skid across your skin.
- Atelier Cologne –Organe Sanguine – $70-$195
- I actually liked the orange scent of this but it was so strong that it was nauseating almost immediately after opening it.
- Origins Maskimizer + Drink Up & Clear Improvement Masks – $22-26
- Maskimizer – mask primer itself is $22 and it was just a wet spray. I’m not sure that it primed anything.
- Drink up overnight mask retails for $26
- Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask is also $26