So I’ve tried Lola for two months and I haven’t cancelled my subscription. To see my original post about Lola please click here.
Originally I signed up for a 2 box subscription where each box has 18 tampons. You can customize how many light, regular, and super tampons comes in each box. They cost $18 for two boxes (36 tampons) or $9 for one box of 18 tampons. They are still running the promotion where you can sign up for a two box subscription for just $9. If you use my referral code KBAILEY6 you can get $5 off your first order.
I typically use Tampax Pearl. I’ve always preferred using a higher absorbency because I hate having to change them frequently.
I found that the Lola tampon was a little more difficult to put in because the applicator doesn’t open and compress as smoothly as Tampax Pearl. However, this really wasn’t a problem and it is made of plastic which I prefer.
I was very worried that these — or really any brand other than Tampax Pearl would leak. I did not have the problem at all except of course when you should have changed it sooner. You know the times when you go to the bathroom and think you should change it but you don’t? That’s when you’ll have a problem with the Lola tampons.
I have recommended these to my friends and family and I haven’t had any issues with them If I do I will return to update this post. Honestly, I’m waiting for them to come out with pads as well! Overall, I am really glad to have found such a responsible brand that cares about what we put in our bodies. I will continue using Lola and if you want to give them a try as well use my referral code: KBAILEY6.
The best offer you can get is to sign up for a 2 box subscription (with the lowest monthly frequency). Your first order will only be $9. But with my referral code, you can save $5 bringing your total to $4. Then after you receive your first shipment change the number of boxes you receive down to 1.
This recipe is a bit more complicated than my go to Sangria which is a better choice if you’re on a diet or trying to avoid a lot of sugar. This one is very sweet and in my opinion pretty damn good.
For this recipe all you have to do is mix all of the ingredients below:
- 6 cups of ice
- 6 ounces of light rum
- 750 ml of Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 oz peach schnapps
- 3 oz sour apple liqueur
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sprite
- 3/4 cup carbonated water
Stir it all together and throw these sliced fruits on top:
- 1 green apple (cored and sliced)
- 1 red apple (cored and sliced)
- 1 peach (sliced)
This is my go to Sangria. It’s so simple and always requested at any summer party that I attend. I typically make one or two batches before I arrive. While I’m there I will make one or two more batches right in the host’s kitchen using ingredients from their home.
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- 1 orange (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 750 ml bottle dry red or white wine, chilled
- 1-2 cups carbonated water, chilled (I usually choose between 1 or 2 cups depending on how many people I’m serving. Two cups makes it last longer 😉
- 2 tablespoons brandy (More if I want to make it stronger so people will ask for less refills)
- Ice cubes
- Juice half of an orange and half of a lemon into your pitcher. Then cut off all four ends.
- For the syrup, add sugar and water to a saucepan and place the four fruit ends face down in the pan. Bring this mixture to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove that from heat and let it cool. (this is the part where I get impatient and usually put the hot mixture into my sangria pitcher) Once cool, Squeeze remaining juice from the cooked fruit into the syrup.
- In a pitcher combine syrup, wine, carbonated water, and brandy. Stir the mixture together and top with fruit slices.
- Serve in wine glasses over ice. For garnish – cut the remaining halves of lemon and orange into small slices then cut in half. Place in glass over Sangria.
I started my Birchbox subscription in June. So far I’ve received two boxes and my August box should be arriving soon.
I’m planning to post about the products I receive and then a follow-up post reviewing those products. I am by no means an expert on beauty products.
The Birchbox subscription for women is only $10 a month and you receive 5 items. The items are almost always sample sized. I like this subscription because it gives me the opportunity to try new products that I otherwise would have overlooked.
If you’re interested in going on this journey with me follow this link & sign up for your own Birchbox subscription.
Recently I wanted to create personalized cards to send to a group of friends. I had a fabulous picture and knew that I wanted that to be on the front. I spent a few hours on a photo gift website and the card that the I made was expensive, there wasn’t any room to write, and it didn’t seem personalized at all.
So I decided that I would create photo cards on my own.
The first step was to get the pictures printed. I always use Walgreens Photo because its close to me and super inexpensive when you use coupon codes from Retailmenot.com. You can usually find a coupon for at least 40% off and you can pick them up the same day.
Next, I dug through my craft bin and found a box of cards from Michaels. You can always find a coupon for at least 40% off at Michaels straight from their website. A quick google search for “Michaels coupons” and you’re well on your way to saving big. I recently bought a box of cards 100 cards that were $10 and I had a 55% off coupon.
Now that you have cards and photos you’re gonna need a way to adhere the photos to the cards.
I swear by this Elmer’s Extra Strength Spray Adhesive. It’s actually intended for science fair backboards but I would use it on anything. It is very sticky!! So you need to be careful when spraying it on the back of your photos. I sprayed mine on top of a cardboard box and it was a sticky mess afterward.
As you can see in the picture above, I used a squiggly edge cutter to add a little personality to my cards. You can use normal scissors to make the pictures fit on the front of the card.
In the picture above you will notice that my photo is turned upside down. That is because I didn’t ask the people in the photo if I could share it online.
I would recommend this project to anyone. It was super easy and a lot of fun as well!
Please comment below if you have any questions or tips on how to make this project better!
Yay! The new Target beauty box is out for August. It’s called the “Back to College” box and it has everything you need to make the transition back to school easier. For $7.00 this box is a $32 value.
Don’t get discouraged if it says “item not buyable” when you try to purchase it. I had to click on and off of the page about five times before I could get it to work. They’re so popular that everyone is trying to buy them at once!
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- up & up™ Women’s 5-Blade Razor – $10.39 for a pack of 5
Combines coated blades and lubricating moisture strips with botanical oils to glide over your skin for a close, smooth shave.
- I love to keep extra disposable razors around for vacations. I read a few reviews that said these were terrible but when you’re at the beach and really need to shave your legs you’ll be glad you have this free razor stuffed in your bag.
- Juice Organics Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner – Coconut – Full size $9.99 for each
Achieve hydrated hair that’s less prone to breakage with a repairing blend of coconut, soy protein, borage seed oil, and aloe.
- A 10oz shampoo or conditioner retails for $9.99 each. I’ve heard that this product smells great and makes your hair really soft.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask – 70ml for $24.00
Recharge dehydrated skin while you sleep with ionized mineral water combined with aromatic Sleepscent to promote deep sleep.
- I’m not big on “water” lotions, cremes, and masks. But I have very dry skin in the summer so I’m willing to try anything that will hydrate my skin.
- Olay Make-up Remover Wipes – 25ct for $4.99
Made for everyday use, these fragrance-free makeup remover wipes clear your face of dirt, oil, and makeup—even waterproof mascara.
- Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid Antiperspirant/Deodorant – Full size $7.39
With 2 times the sweat protection of regular antiperspirant, it absorbs odor while releasing a scent to keep you smelling clean and feeling dry.
- I absolutely love this deoderant. No I do not sweat very much but when I do I have to be wearing this. It smells great and I feel confident in it all day.
- CoverGirl Katy Kat Eye Mascara – Black – Full size $6.99
Create a 360° cat eye with a sculpting brush that sweeps lashes up and out for lush voluminous lashes that won’t smudge or smear.
- I’m currently collecting all of the mascara that I can in search of the perfect one. This adds one more to my collection!
- Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips – $35.99 for 20 treatments
Delivering professional-level results, these teeth-whitening strips remove 14 years of teeth stains to give you a whiter smile.
- Forget what you know about whitening strips because when Crest created these they got rid of all of the frustration. I ordered these back in April and while they don’t exactly whiten evenly they will whiten your teeth. Better yet when you put them on your teeth they will stay put! Unlike the original white strips which moved around constantly.