Here are three game ideas that are a lot of fun!
White Elephant Gift Exchange
- Everyone brings one wrapped present. In my family adults bring gifts for other adults and children bring gifts for other children.
- Upon arriving everyone draws a number and this determines the order of the game. — In this game being last is actually a perk!
- Everyone sits in a circle or in the general area around where the presents are piled.
- Player number 1 picks a gift from the pile and opens it.
- Every player after the first has the option to pick a new unwrapped gift or steal from someone who has already opened one. When a players gift is stolen they have the opportunity to open an unwrapped gift or steal from someone else.
- After a gift has been stolen three times. It can no longer be stolen.
These rules can be altered in a number of ways. Try googling, “White Elephant Gift Exchange rules” if you would like to see more.
2 Truths and a Lie — Christmas Presents
Name three of the funniest gifts you have ever received. Two of them are true, one of them is a lie. It is up to everyone else to figure out which one is a lie.
Paper Plate Game
- Give everyone a paper plate and a pen. Tell them to place the plate on their head.
- The host will then give this series of directions.
- Draw a line for a floor
- Draw a Christmas Tree. Add decorations if you want.
- Draw a star on top of your tree.
- Draw a fireplace with a mantel next to the tree.
- Draw a stocking hanging from the mantel.
- Draw a present below the tree.
- The next step is to grade the drawings:
- 2 points if the tree touches the floor
- 2 points if your stocking is touching your mantel
- 1 point if your star touches your tree
- 1 point if your star is above your tree
- 1 point for every Christmas ornament that is ON your tree
- 1 point if your fireplace is not touching your tree
- 1 point if you drew something decorative on your stocking
- 2 points if your present is under the tree.